The goal is to restore one’s mind, body and spirit functioning to optimum health and wellness.
Based on traditional western medicine, a.k.a. allopathic, fibromyalgia is labeled a disorder characterized by unknown reasons of a widespread musculoskeletal pain, accompanied by memory dysfunction, mood swings, fatigue and sleep issues.
Traditional western medicine (TWM) research posits that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way the brain processes pain signals. According to TWM, fibromyalgia is a complex disease, and many treatments are offered, but results are mediocre at best and have numerous negative side effects.
Pharmaceutical prescriptions that are routinely used for fibromyalgia include, but are not limited to the following side effects:
- Fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- Increased appetite and weight gain
- Euphoric mood
- Confusion, feeling disorientated
- Sexual problems such as decreased sex drive or erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Shaky movements and unsteady walk (ataxia)
- Tremor, abnormal coordination
- Problems with speech, memory or attention
- Blurred or double vision
- Disturbances of the gut such as constipation, vomiting, flatulence (wind)
- Dry mouth
- Excessive fluid retention in the body tissues, resulting in swelling (oedema)
- Mood swings, depressed mood, personality changes
- Abnormal dreams, hallucinations
- Agitation, restlessness
- Panic attack
- Changes in sensation, such as burning sensations or numbness (hypoaesthesia)
- Visual disturbances, such as difficulty seeing fine detail, decreased peripheral vision
- Eye pain or swelling; watery or dry eyes
- Oversensitive hearing
- Increased heart rate
- Increased or decreased blood pressure
- Hot flushes, sweating
- Dizziness on standing up, fainting
- Dry nose
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal swelling, acid reflux, increased salivation
- Pain, stiffness, cramps or twitching in the muscles
- Joint pain or swelling
- Loss of appetite
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia)
- Difficulty or pain passing urine, urinary incontinence
- Decreased numbers of white blood cells in the blood (neutropenia)
- Loss of peripheral vision, cross-eyes
- Dilated pupils, eye irritation
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Cold hands and feet
- Cough, blocked nose, nosebleeds, snoring, throat tightness
- Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Kidney failure
- Breast pain, enlargement or discharge
- Painful periods or stopping of periods
I got fatigued reading the side effects. Did you? Not only that, many of the side effects are the same as fibromyalgia symptoms. Why would anyone ingest something that will make the symptoms worse…such as: fatigue or lethargy, headache, difficulty sleeping, pain, stiffness, cramps, joint pain or swelling to name a few symptoms that are worse when using a pharmaceutical prescription.
There are many effective options with holistic health and wellness protocols. Each person’s treatment is designed specifically for his/her needs vs TWM protocols that meet the standard of one-size-fits-all.
First and foremost, fibromyalgia is an outward condition (symptom) NOT a disease as are all symptoms diagnosed by TWM. More accurately Fibromyalgia is fear showing up as extreme tension due to long-term stress. The question is what is the root cause of the fear and resulting stress?
Beginning with discovering the root cause of fear and processing it; holistic health and wellness protocols include the entire system — mind, body and spirit vs TWM which rules the symptom a disease and therefore, fits a standard protocol based on the label. Transforming the root cause of the fear is done at a subconscious and soul level — thus addressing root cause, vs treating the symptoms.
Simultaneously, while addressing the root cause of the fear, the soul issues are addressed. Peace of mind and happiness are reestablished as a life style, and the process to maintain peace of mind and happiness is established.
It is common for the majority of people who have experienced long-term pain or other symptoms to attempt to mitigate and soothe the pain with food, alcohol, illegal drugs and simply not caring about good health habits. In other words, a "What’s the use" attitude becomes their lifestyle.
Thus, it is critical to simultaneously establish healthy eating habits. The most effective food plan for any health care regime is to Eat Right For Your Blood Type, including vitamins and supplements specifically for your needs vs a traditional over-the-counter (OTC) one-size-fits-all approach.
In addition, genetically modified organisms and other food items which have negative impact for your blood type need to be eliminated immediately. Food grown with pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers need to be eliminated.
A complete tissue, joint, immune system and gut flora detox needs to be administered as quickly as possible. Adrenal fatigue may or may not play a role. Pain by itself causes fatigue and transforming the emotional/mental pain will stop the fatigue. Adrenal support may or may not offer benefits for everyone. However, adrenal support will be accessed for each person.
While holistic health and wellness protocols take time, and probably less than you might think, you won’t have side effects and suffer more pain and the outcome is certain…free of pain. The pain came from an experience long-ago and goes back to nothing.
Remember the goal is to restore one’s mind, body and spirit functioning to optimum health and wellness — free of pain, angst, worry and fear. The process takes time and effort. The good news is the process is accurate, effective, powerful and empowering for each person with no negative side effects.