Were you wondering if you should stop drinking coffee? While it is well known that sugary drinks may increase the chance of developing diabetes, people are always asking what they can do to prevent it. Because caffeine changes the way the body processes sugar, coffee and tea as well as drinks containing caffeine became subjects of interest. A study completed on thousands of people showed unsweatened coffee does not lead to any harm and possible benefit. However, there is possibly more benefit from decaffinated coffee, leading to the conclusion that something else in coffee may be providing a small ? statistical decrease chance in developing diabetes. Unfortunately, this study did not address the amount of caffeine consumed. It is reasonable to believe that coffee in moderation will do no harm.
Does Caffeine Cause Diabetes?
Latest Expert Videos
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do