Sometimes we find ourselves on the precipice of a decision and become paralyzed. We hesitate and over-analyze.We want to know how it’s going to turn out. I hate to break it to you, kitten, but nothing in life is certain. If you want to dive into living with your whole heart and live consciously, holding out for certainty is crippling. What I've discovered is that people who lead full lives ditch their need for certainty and have cultivated these nine traits.
- They allow healing. They let go of grudges and the withholding of forgiveness and allow their hearts to heal. Forgiveness isn’t about forgetting, it’s simply about not letting the past have control over your future.
- They know their core values. Values aren’t just a tossed about word, it’s a way of seeing if something fits. When actions and values are aligned, life feels content, in harmony with your purpose – you have peace of mind, even in challenging times.
- They get clear about what they desire in their life. While understanding that nothing is certain, by knowing what you really want to be and create allow you to make decisions that are more likely to have an outcome you also desire.
- They get clear about how they want to feel and then move towards that desired feeling. In fact, they often set goals around how they want to feel.
- They create a vision. They know that there’s no certainty in life, but by creating a vision of how they want areas of their life to look, they have a general plan for next steps.
- They take action. They understand that dreaming about something isn’t the same as doing it. They take all the delicious clarity they have in their lives and go for it.
- They trust their gut. Your intuition is actually your amazing and fabulous brain taking in all the inputs and experiences of your life.
- They practice courage. Fear is an inevitable part of living. Practicing courage isn’t about a total absence of fear, but choosing yourself and love over that fear.
- They have faith. Yep, they have faith that even if they’re afraid or make a bad decision, it’s all going to be ok.
If you’re ready to let go of your need for certainty and get some help as you cultivate these traits in your own life, Check out ways to work with me.
This article was originally published at Debra Smouse . Com. Reprinted with permission from the author.