Life is like this amazing road trip: there are all kinds of fascinating and fabulous places to stop along the way. If you want to love your life, you can’t rely only on serendipity, you need a road map for your soul.
Clients report to me that they are disillusioned, discouraged and unhappy. It doesn’t have to be this way. No matter your age, it's never too late to create a vision for your life and a plan to reach your dreams.
It's why I created my email class: Clearing Soul Clutter: Create Your Vision. I'll help you create a vision, a plan and take it for a spin. Here are six reasons to consider creating your own "road map".
- One - Creating a vision will help you identify your current realities. You can’t get where you want to go unless you start with where you are. What are the most brutal realities of your life? Taking stock and making peace with who we are has to be the starting ground.
- Two - Creating a vision will equip you with envisioning a better future. What do you want? What does it look like? How does it feel? This is where it starts to get fun!
- Three - Taking your vision and creating a life plan gives you a place to aim the arrow. This isn’t about a set-in-stone list of steps and to-do’s. This is a road map for accomplishing what matters most. It’s about knowing where you are, setting your destination and plotting your course to get there. To achieve your dreams,you need to take action. A life plan gives you the fuel to be bolder.
- Four - Creating a vision will help you clarify your most important priorities. Identifying your priorities and values helps you mark the milestones on your course.
- Five - Creating a vision will help you say “no” to things that aren’t important. Once you have said “yes” to what matters most, you are in a great position to say “no” to those activities that matter less. You'll have the clarity (and the courage) to manage your opportunities rather than to be managed by them.
- Six - A vision and a plan is like road side assistance. You certainly can’t control everything. There are going to be bumps and detours and road construction along the way. A vision and a plan gives you the insurance of help as you travel.
Debra Smouse believes in creating a daily life you love.