Last month, we discussed slowing down as your first step on the path to becoming a more Soulfull Woman. (That’s S-O-U-L-F-U-L-L.)
The next step on our transformational journey to living life as a Soulfull Woman is found in the letter O, for Owning. It’s imperative that we are responsible for taking ownership for our Self. When we make choices that take us away from our beliefs, dreams, needs, and desires, we disown ourselves. Choices that support these innermost feelings help us to feel an ownership over ourselves and our lives.
Who really owns my life, everyone else or me?
Ask yourself these questions:
• Do I feel like I own my life? All of it? Or do I feel like the daily To-Do List owns me?
• Do I feel like I have some control at work or does my work own me?
• Am I able to set boundaries to give myself time at home or do I feel like my husband/partner/children/parents own me?
• How do I envision my life as a Soulfull Woman?
• Do I remember a time when I felt a connection to my innermost thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and dreams?
• Do I remember when I allowed that still, small voice inside me to be my guide? When did I stop listening to it? What were the consequences when I did?
That part of you, which I call the Soulfull Self, has not been lost. Your soul is not dark and empty, it is just waiting for you to self care and reconnect. As you let out your hurts, your wounds will heal and you’ll find a more satisfying and enriching life.
Not taking ownership for your Self has a higher cost than you realize.
• It affects your health: It’s no coincidence that heart attacks are the number one killer of U.S. women.
• It impacts your relationships: Caring for yourself goes by the wayside first, which then affects how you care for others.
• It diminishes your creative expression: The creativity well within us dries up — who has time to be creative, anyway?
• It compromises your emotional health: You keep the real ‘you’ hidden and don’t allow your brilliance and gifts to shine.
More personal development coach advice on YourTango: