6. Maintain a self-care strategy. You're probably taking care of everyone else and if there's any time left, then you take care of yourself. Unfortunately, by that time, you may not have the time, energy or motivation left for your own self-care. Even finding ten minutes to drink a cup of tea, read a magazine, call a friend or take a walk to clear your head may just do the trick. 6 Tips To Improve Your Body Image & Your Sex Life
7. Do something new, fun and challenging. Life is more fun when we're learning, growing and challenging ourselves … in a good way. It keeps us engaged in life, and the idea of novelty triggers the release of dopamine (reward hormones) which are released during doing new activities. It can be as simple as trying a new vegetable or … well, I'll leave that up to you.
More from YourTango: Perspective: One of the Secrets of Radiant Health?
8. Plan something. It can be a trip, stay-cation, a night out, a night in or an excursion. Just the idea of planning something can be fun, exciting and rewarding. It gives us the opportunity to creatively express ourselves while giving us something exciting to look forward to, which can be satisfying and fulfilling, as well.
9. Grill outside. Food just seems to taste better on the grill! Get the grill cleaned up and ready for your favorite BBQ foods, and experiment with new things to try, including fresh herbs, spices and vegetables you can start to grow in your own garden. The second great thing about grilling is there are less pots and pans to clean. If you have a partner who has grilling talents, grilling gives them a chance to show off their skills while giving you a much needed break from the kitchen.
10. Sleep. When we don't get adequate, restful, restorative sleep, we're chipping away at our energy, health and waistline. Quality sleep is vital in any health plan, so take the time now to create a sleep routine as well as an environment that will help to get you sleeping like a baby.
Implementing just a few of these strategies now will have you enjoying your summer and all it brings. See you at the beach! Love Your Body: 35 Ways To Improve Your Health
More from YourTango: How Do Your Daily Choices Impact Your Life?
Debi Silber, MS, RD, WHC The Mojo Coach®, founder of www.TheMojoCoach.com is a leading health, fitness, wellness, lifestyle, self-improvement expert and THE secret behind some of the healthiest, most dynamic, energetic and successful people today. Sign up for your "10 FREE Strategies to Get You Lean, Sleek and Sculpted"! (These are complete programs and videos) and take the FREE "Mojo Lifestyle Assessment" to see how you score.