- Decide that you are committed to adapting new communication skills and habits.
- What is your personal image of you as a Master Communicator? What are the qualities and traits you have? Brainstorm your beliefs, values, attitudes and anything else you can think of. Maybe you have a real person in mind whose communication style you admire. What do you appreciate about them?
- Pick a few that come closest to the Master Communicator you want to be. On separate cards or post-its, write an affirmation using those qualities. For example, “I am focused and present in my conversations.” Place them in a spot where you see them regularly. You can also program reminders in your calendar.
- Each day set your intention to be the Master Communicator that you want to be, the one you described and decided to be. Pay close attention to your communication and the shifts you feel in your mind, body and spirit and take note of them in a journal.
- What kind of results will you see as you raise your level of communication skills?
- Reward yourself for sticking with it! Remember that you have decided to embark on an organic journey of communication transformation. It's a process not an event so be gentle on yourself if you still regret an awkward conversation.
Congratulations for deciding to take action to become a Master Communicator!
I'm so glad you are here! If you liked this post, please leave your comment and feel free to share it with family and friends.
More from YourTango: Lessons On Being The Real You From Daniel Day-Lewis
To Your Communication Mastery!
If you're frustrated at not being heard, feel like your needs are not being met or you say "Yes" when you really want to say "No" then you should definitely contact me today about my innovative online Compatibility Index. In less than 60 minutes, I can tell you exactly why you are struggling in your conversations and give you tips and strategies for improving communication.
More from YourTango: Unpacking Your Emotional Baggage