Once married the relationship needs to continue to flourish and grow, taking time to enjoy each other, spending quality time together; open communicate when there is are hurt feeling s or problems. The best piece of advice that I have given couples is to not take a back seat in the marriage, but to be proactive every day in moving in a positive direction. Make time for each other, (date night), show appreciation, show affection, complement each other and most of all communicate with one another.
Article contributed by
Advanced MemberSex Therapist
Dawn Michael PhD ACS
Other Articles/News by Dr. Dawn Michael:
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB