Just how important is the first kiss at the end of the first date? Recently I was talking to a client of mine about this very subject, and I was telling her that sometimes I don’t kiss at the end of a first date . . . I go in for the hug instead.
I just think the first kiss on the first date is overrated. Technically you are total strangers. You sat across from each other at a table somewhere, or maybe you took a walk in the park, or you spent a couple hours talking . . . and then what? You need to seal it with a kiss?
More from YourTango: The "Secret" To Love And Connection: Awareness
I don’t think the first kiss is important on the first date. What’s important on the first date is the recap in your mind after you leave them. When you go home and you do the post-date recap, what were your answers to these questions?:
* How do you feel overall after the date?
* What are you thinking about?
* What did you think about this person and their lifestyle?
* What did you think about some of the stories they were sharing?
* Were there any warning signs?
* Was there anything they said that really made you nervous?
* Is there anything you want to do with them the next time you see them?
* Can you imagine sharing with them an experience or adventure they told you they had (or would like to have)?
Another step in evaluating the first date occurs when you wake up the next morning. So see how you answer these questions:
More from YourTango: 6 Texting Shockers You Must Avoid!
More Juicy Content From YourTango: