It's amazing how some men have absolutely NO social etiquette when they're trying to contact women online! During all my years of coaching women, they have shared with me some of the most unbelievable things men have said to them while emailing.
It appears that men feel like they can just say anything in an email when they are online trying to get a woman to go out with them. Some of these things, if they were said to a woman in a bar or on the street, would cause them to be arrested . . . or at least slapped. But yet when they’re online dating and hiding behind the secrecy and privacy of their computer, a lot of men just tend to get very abrasive and crude.
More from YourTango: 6 Ways to Tell If Your Date Is Attracted to You
So, I’ve compiled a list of ten things NEVER to do when you’re online trying to get a woman to go out with you. Some of these are obvious . . . some of these you'll swear I'm making up! But, all of these things are things men actually do when they are online trying to get a woman to go out with them.
Doing any of these things when emailing a woman for the first time or trying to get a woman to go out with you, will guarantee you complete failure in online dating! Remember, the point of dating is . . . to get dates (not turn a woman off!).
Here are my 10 Favorite Emailing Mistakes Men Make While Online Dating:
1) When emailing a woman, don't ask her how much she weighs or what her measurements are. You might as well just tell her you only want to sleep with her and that you have no interest in getting to know her . . . because that's what she's going to be thinking if you ask her this.
2) Don't email her seven times asking her why she hasn’t responded to your first email. You need to relax and let her respond to your email in time. Women get far more email than men do online, so you need to be patient and allow her time to read your email. Instead of harassing her, be patient and confident that she’s going to respond to you.
3) Don’t ask her how many other dates she’s been on from Yahoo! Personals How many other dates someone has been on is not important. What is important is finding out whether the two of you click when you hang out.
4) Don’t send her a nasty email if she hasn't responded to you after several emails. It’s her prerogative whether or not she desires to be in contact with you. If she doesn’t desire to meet you, why get angry and nasty? There’s plenty of other women out there that you can contact.
More from YourTango: The Power of Hello
5) Don’t ask her if she wants to have sex with you on the second email exchange, and don’t send her dirty pictures of you when you’re exchanging photos with her. Women are all about connecting with their minds. Just because you're looking for a quick fling, that doesn’t mean that she’s going to respond.
6) If she gives you her phone number, don’t wait a week to call her. By extension, if you do wait a week to call her and she doesn't call you back, don't be shocked. Women have many options online. If she passes out her phone number to you, I suggest calling her that day. It keeps the momentum going.