Normal is boring. Here's a new paradigm for couples who want to live life to the fullest together.
Five Keys to a Radical Marriage
1. Radical Commitment: Beyond your marriage vows, you both are absolutely, 100% committed to your marriage, no matter what and you are as committed to your partner's happiness as your own. You each take 100% responsibility for the relationship, your experience in the relationship, and your outcomes. More here.
2. Radical Intimacy: You are completely transparent to your partner, don't hold anything back, and share all your thoughts, feelings, wants, needs, fantasies and desires. More here.
3. Radical Romance: You continually express your love, appreciation, attraction and adoration for your partner in words and actions and don't take your relationship for granted or allow passion to be replaced by routine. More here.
4. Radical Sex: Beyond satisfying physical urges, you consciously seek and experience emotional, physical, and spiritual connection every day, continually exploring new ways to express love and pleasure your partner and allowing yourself to be loved and pleasured. More here.
5. Radical Living: Beyond survival and comfort, you consciously design your lifestyle together, develop your shared vision and goals, devote time and resources to realizing your dreams in each moment together as well as prioritizing your goals and preparing for your future. You are aware of how short your time is on this planet and savor each precious moment of life and being together.
Is a Radical Marriage For You?
Radical Marriage isn't for everyone. It requires a strong relationship, so if your marriage is struggling, focusing on functional basics must be your priority (a good place to start is here). A Radical Marriage requires a willingness to take risks, overcome resistance and experience a bit of fear, which can induce stress and anxiety when you're more wired for comfort and security. It requires inviting and embracing evolution and change, which is against the grain for those who crave routine. It requires TWO willing participants, so if your partner isn't on the same page, that’s where you must start. It requires growth, effort, and learning; while strongly desired by some, others would rather watch TV, drink beer, and fall asleep on the couch. If you're still reading this, chances are good that a Radical Marriage is for you!
Radical Marriage is for couples with a good relationship who strongly believe that they are together for a reason, which is to experience life to the fullest through their relationship.