Right about now you might be asking yourself “am I really going to read this article?” So I am going to answer that for you, “YES, you are” because I may be one of the few men qualified to write about such important and critical matters!
Allow me to explain:
I am a Sci-Fi Geek and I am proud of it. I have three, grown and amazing kids who attend Sci-Fi and Comic Book conventions with me and I think that I’m the one having most of the fun. We have never missed any new Sci-Fi or Comics related movie in the theatres (this last Batman movie was so good that even my 80 year old dad loved it!) and every woman I have dated has been subjected to hour after hour of Spiderman, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek and Star Wars and oh so much more.
So why did they put up with this?
Simple, because Sci-Fi Geeks are attached to dreaming of greater vistas, better lives, and as such are very grounded, affectionate people. Every movie or cartoon watched with me by a past girlfriend had them snuggled up close, with hands caressing and roaming. I can honestly say that not many movies were completed on the first sitting, unless the kids were here, that is!
So here are 5 great reasons for every woman to date a sci-fi geek:
1) We are dreamers, doers, action-oriented people who are not boring. We get out of the house at the drop of a hat for the newest Pixar or Spielberg movie and will always drag you along. We buy the popcorn too! Plus, you will always know where we are when our favorite shows are on. Make sure that you are sitting right next to us as often as possible when they are. You can bring the popcorn for the couch! Butter is not optional!
2) We can carry on an intelligent conversation. We tend to have high intelligence quotients, mostly to understand all the text in those Fantastic Four comics. We love Family Guy and Futurama, as do most College Professors (many of whom are, of course, Sci-Fi geeks). We are plugged into "Universal Intelligence" probably through our high-tech devices. We never leave home without them! And ladies, isn’t it about time that you brought somebody home to momma who actually graduated high school?
3) We discuss things and do not argue. Probably from watching all those Star Trek the Next Generation episodes and watching Captain Picard be sooooo smooth and cool in every situation. And we do not offend easily because you never know when those conversation skills will come into play at the next Star Trek convention with an Orion Slave-girl.
4) We don’t scare easily and will take care of all your insect problems without flinching. No doubt this talent comes from all those Aliens, and Predator movies. Of course I lost my aversion to all bugs after watching Starship Troopers.
5) Sci-Fi Guy Geeks are an affectionate bunch and are all amazing kissers. This anomaly probably occurs from watching captain Kirk kiss women of every color, shape, size, race, and other stuff. I mean after all, he was ahead of his time kissing Uhura in front of Roman Gods! And who could forget Han Solo’s response when Princess Leia declared “I love you?” He simply said “I know!” Does it get any cooler than that?
So that’s it in a nut shell.