Check out the benefits (for both men and women) of doing Kegel exercises consistently.
If you are new to Kegels, you can practice doing them using the finger technique. The finger technique basically requires you to insert a finger into your vagina and practice “hugging” your fingers with your vagina.
Here are some tips directly from the Mayo Clinic’s website about how to perfect your KEGEL workout:
Once you’ve identified your pelvic floor muscles, empty your bladder and sit or lie down. Then:
- Contract your pelvic floor muscles.
- Hold the contraction for three seconds then relax for three seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Once you’ve perfected three-second muscle contractions, try it for four seconds at a time, alternating muscle contractions with a four-second rest period.
- Work up to keeping the muscles contracted for 10 seconds at a time, relaxing for 10 seconds between contractions.
- Repeat 3 times a day. Aim for at least three sets of 10 repetitions a day.
When you’re practicing, try not to flex the muscles in your tummy, thighs, or butt. Also, try not to hold your breath. This will help you ensure you’re isolating the right muscles so that you can work it in and out of the bedroom.
Now get out there and have fun!
More about me: I am the owner of an online romance store www.BlissConnection.com and have been selling sex toys and lingerie for the last ten years. I just opened a brand new plus size lingerie store in San Jose called Curvy Girl Lingerie. We focus on plus size lingerie and helping women to get in touch with all of the pleasure your body is capable of!