3. He doesn't know you're a planner. Last weekend you were free at the last minute. So, what's the big deal about making plans? You've probably got very little going on.
4. He's not a planner and sort of lazy. Why make plans when he can get the women to call him and take care of it?
In light of all these possible answers, what should you do? I know you are anxious to see him. I know it seems harmless to make a simple phone call to ask about weekend plans. But, don't do it. Here are four reasons why. Single? 10 Ways To Boost Your Self-Confidence
More from YourTango: Taking Your Ex Back: How Long Should He Pay For His Mistakes?
- If he's not that into you, you might as well know as soon as possible. You delay finding this out if you don't wait to see if he will contact you.
- If a man doesn't have the same dating agenda as you, you might as well find out sooner rather than later. For example, if he is a casual dater and you want a relationship. Don't pick up the phone. Wait to see what he does, which will tell you more about his agenda.
If you call a man because you are impatient or think its not a big deal, think again. The last thing you want to do is give a man the impression that you have nothing else going on. That won't make him want to pursue you. This doesn't create mystique or make him curious about what is going on with you. Date #2 At His Place: Innocent Invite Or Sexual Scheme?
When you have a full life of your own, you are much more attractive to men. Is this a game? Yes and one that's not going away. It's simply human nature to want what is less available. So, don't be available at the drop of a hat for the first five or six dates.
- If he's lazy, and you don't mind being in charge, then go ahead and call him to make plans. But, don't get mad later when you are tired of being in charge. Keep in mind that you trained him this way from the start. So, you will have no one to blame but yourself when you get sick of it.
The best dating strategy is to make plans for yourself. Don't want to wait around till the last minute for him to make a plan? Then don't. Make plans of your own and go about your life.
Find fun things to do with friends. When he calls at the last minute, you can say, "Oh, that sounds like fun. Too bad I already have plans. Maybe next week." You can feel free to offer an alternate time, which let's him know you are interested. But, he will also get the message that he needs to make plans in advance. If he truly has interest and wants to date you, he absolutely will do just that.
More from YourTango: Is Dating Like Shopping at T.J.Maxx? Yes! One Expert Explains.