Unlucky in love? There are some mistakes you could be making.
4. You should weed out the "wrong" guys by explaining the type you don't want. Unfortunately, when you talk about the kind of man you don't want, you sound negative, hard to please and maybe even a little like a man-hater. Don't do it! Write about the kind of guy you want since this is far more appealing to men.
5. Spelling errors show a man's intelligence. I don't have a single client whose wish list for the ideal mate includes good spelling. Yet, women constantly disqualify men due to spelling. Spelling does not indicate intelligence. People who excel in math often aren't as good with language skills. Plus, being good at spelling won't make a man loyal, fun, loving or good in bed. Overlook a few errors to find out if the man is a potential mate, not an English teacher.
6. Express yourself by posting your favorite vacation photos. Your online dating profile is not the place to display vacation photos. The only pictures to post are photos of you, standing or sitting alone. Sunsets or party shots distract men from focusing on you.
7. Who cares if your photo isn't current? The men you hope to meet and date care! A photo that's a few years old is okay if you still look the same. However, if you've gained weight, changed your hair or aged (when your photo is 10 years old or more), this is false advertising. You don't want a man to be disappointed when he meets you, so post current photos.
8. Everybody lies about age. That's not exactly true. Yes, some people fudge their age, but keep in mind you are starting your relationship with a lie. As a dating coach for women, I don't advise this. If you feel you must fudge because you're on the cusp of a decade (42, 51, etc.), admit your real age in the profile. You'll show up in the age search, but he'll know your real number. Keep reading...