Dating Coach Ronnie Ann Ryan says your love life is up to you and NOT your city.
Have you ever thought that the city you love in has something to do with your love life? Finding a scapegoat for your unhappy love life can just feel good. Who doesn't want someone to blame, so why not the city you live in?
A recent study by CreditDonkey.com assessed cities across America to see where love goes wrong most often. Four factors were considered by city in this report:
- The average length of marriage by state is a sign of how happy people are in their committed relationships. The national average is 19.4 years, which isn't bad. And the shortest marriages are found in our nation's capital, Washington DC, with just 12.4 years. Maybe politics and love don't make such good bed fellows.
- The Gallup Healthways Well-being Index assesses healthy behavior, as well as emotional and physical health among other things for people in 152 cities across the US. If you're happily married or in love, you're more likely to rank well on this index.
- The number of dating services shows the demand for singles services in a city. It might also point to one way to cope with breaking-up, as the newly single search for love again.
- The number of gonorrhea cases reported by the Center for Disease Control was looked as a reason why people break-up. When you think about it, if you're in a monogamous relationship, you aren't likely to contract venereal disease that spreads through multiple partners.
The Top 10 Cities for Heartbreak
- San Diego
- Phoenix, AZ
- Los Angeles, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Baltimore, MD
- Houston, TX
- Riverside CA
- New York, NY
- Miami, FL
- Chicago, IL
As a dating coach for women over 40, I'm not sure this study has real value or was written for readership buzz and click-through power. Do these factors actually measure your opportunity to live happily ever after? Nope, I doubt it! Who determines your ability for a loving relationship? You do of course! If you want to find love, regardless of the city, the method is pretty much the same. Keep reading...
More dating tips on YourTango:
- 8 Modern Dating Rules Every Single Should Know
- 25 Date Night Ideas That Aren't Cheesy
- 5 Dating Tips For Finding The One