Still single on Tax Day? Use this annual milestone to find love and change your relationship status.
Tax Day is upon us again and there are financial advantages to being married when it comes to your tax return. But thinking beyond deductions, what is the emotional impact of your relationship status when filing single?
As April 15 passes again, I encourage my clients to use this yearly milestone as a springboard for creating the love life you want. This is the ideal time to meet partners and find love. As the weather warms up, so do people! Spring is a time of rebirth that harkens back to our more primitive nature. Leverage this innate yearning within every human to find the love you want.
Here are seven suggestions on how to open your heart to finding love, attract more men and take advantage of springtime.
1. Notice men around you. When dating coaching clients ask me, "Where are the good single men?" I tell them they are everywhere, mixed in with all the other men. That means you cross paths with single men in everyday life, not just at singles events and online. It's time to open your eyes so you can notice men around you.
For my clients who make a real effort to do this exercise, they are astonished by what they see. Men really are everywhere! Even if these same women swore they never saw single men anywhere, this shift in awareness changes everything for them
2. Quiet the inner critic. Many women have a strong inner critic who says something negative about every man they see. Sadly, this is normal, but it doesn't have to continue. Push yourself to wonder why a man (you would otherwise judge) is loved by his girlfriend or wife. This causes you to look for something good — a whole new way to think about men.
Taking time to do this actually impacts how men see you too. Your attitude softens and opens as you see men in a more positive light. The end result? You actually become more approachable and attractive to them! Keep reading ...
More singles advice from YourTango:
- Help! I'm Almost 40 And Still Single
- The #1 Piece Of Advice All Single Ladies Need To Hear
- 3 MAJOR Reasons You're Still Flying Solo (And How To Change Them)