Put an end winter hibernation and get yourself back out there!
If winter has cramped your social life, take your cues from crocuses ready to poke their heads up and blossom. The time for winter hibernation is over!
Human nature makes nearly everyone yearn for spring romance. This desire is coded into your DNA and harkens back to more primitive times. So, take advantage of what comes naturally and get ready to mingle.
Spring into socializing. There are lots of different ways to meet people and renew your social activities. Whether you are looking to meet singles or just new people in general, broadening your social circle enriches your life. The more people you know, the bigger your network and the better your chances of finding a good match. With that in mind, here are three suggestions for stepping up your socializing this spring:
1. Look for spring singles events. You can find singles events advertised in many places. Check out MeetUp.com which is loaded with singles groups organized by zip code. There are also plenty of local online calendars that list singles events, dances and group meetings like Parents Without Partners. As a dating coach for women, I also recommend you ask at your house of worship. Many churches and synagogues have singles gatherings drawing from the community.
2. Go outside for vitamin D and male attention. As the weather warms up, people want to be outside in the sunshine. Some vitamin D is good for you! Get out there to walk, jog, ride your bike or anything that brings you in contact with people. This is how you can get some of that male attention you've been craving while cooped up inside!
When you're outdoors, you have a chance to be seen. If you choose to exercise, be sure to stop from time to time and smell the flowers or adjust your sneakers so you'll be approachable. No point in just speeding by. If you want to meet new people, include some light strolling in your routine to allow for the opportunity interact with people. Keep reading ...
More singles advice from YourTango:
- 8 Modern Dating Rules Every Single Person Should Know (And Follow!)
- The #1 Piece Of Advice All Single Ladies Need To Hear
- 3 MAJOR Reasons You're Still Flying Solo (And How To Change Them)