I've had dating coaching clients who took their own photos by holding the camera out in front of their face, lients who had laundry hanging behind them on the banister, clients sitting at a messy dinner table with a wine glass in their hands. At the very least, crop stuff out to clean up the photo so you can make a good impression. 18 Sexy Secrets Of Online Dating
Here are some photo tips to attract more attention online:
More from YourTango: Planning Your Dream Proposal: Are You For Real!?
- Include a headshot, full body shot and one other photo . Three photos is the minimum and seven is the max if you don't want to look narcissistic.
- Smile. If you aren't smiling, the photo shouldn't be on the dating site.
- Stand up! You will always look trimmer when standing and heavier sitting.
- Wear solid colors ... or very small patterns that aren't noticeable.
- Wear something date-like ... so you look attractive to the opposite sex.
- Have one photo doing an activity ... or something interesting.
- Take outside and inside shots ... so the light is varied.
- Get someone to take your photos... who will make you laugh and help you relax so you'll look happy and natural.
- Never stand directly underneath a light source ... which casts ugly shadows across your face.
That's the quick version of my "do's and don'ts" for online dating photographs. If you follow these tips, your photos will show off your assets. And at the very least, they won't make you look bad! As your dating coach, I'm hoping I've saved you from a photo disaster that could totally sabotage your love life.
More from YourTango: 8 Sneaky Ways To Avoid Relationship Questions This Thanksgivukkah