Plus, five dating tips to keep in mind when you're there!
Naturally, in situations like this when it's so easy to meet people, you want to keep your head in the game too, not just your heart. Be sensible about the choices you make if you're seeking a connection that has long-term relationship potential. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Watch out for the "hookup." A little fling could seem like a hot idea after a few drinks ("what happens at the conference, stays at the conference"), but it might not sit so well the next morning. There's nothing wrong with having a little fun on your trip, just as long as you aren't expecting it to result in a relationship.
2. Friendships can be short-lived. That's OK; it's good to practice your mingling skills, even if nothing manifests.
3. Sit back and let him initiate contact. As a dating coach for women, I always recommend that you let the man lead in the beginning. That's the best way to know if he's really interested. Don't make the classic mistake of over-communicating, especially when you don't know if he's interested.
4. After the conference, reach out on social media to stay connected. Just remember to keep your outreach to a minimum. Don't push it. Start slow with your communication to see how you are welcomed (or not).
5. Long-distance relationships can work ... but this is not always the easiest type of relationship to maintain. Don't get too attached to a guy you met before you have evidence that your connection has potential beyond the conference.
If you or someone you know is struggling to find love, I am ready to help with expert dating advice and coaching. Get more tips when you download my FREE book 5 Big Turnoffs That Drive Men Away. And if you want to ask me questions directly, join the Inner Circle and call in on the first Monday of the month. My goal is to help you find love with the right man as quickly as possible and avoid the many potential pitfalls along the way.
like us on facebook
If you 'like' us, we'll LOVE you!