What conferences are out there?
- Pop Tech: a conference for innovators from many different fields — science, technology, design, corporate and civic leadership, public health, social and ecological innovation, and the arts and humanities.
- Gel: a conference for designers and thinkers in technology and business.
- TEDx: a conference now held in multiple cities with smaller conferences. The original TED is by invitation only.
- SXSW: a conference for entrepreneurs and executives in technology.
- Renaissance Weekend: an invitation-only festival for innovators in business and finance, education, religion, government, the media, science and technology, sports, non-profits and the arts.
- EG: a conference for innovators in media, technology, entertainment and education.
- Aspen Ideas Festival: a festival for emerging leaders from around the world and across many disciplines.
- BIL: The "Everyman's TED" event for technologists, scientists, artists and hackers with a passion for community awareness.
Obviously, there are many more options to choose from once you start doing the research. Look for events that pique your curiosity and are good for developing your career. Consider which conference is the best professional match for you and whether it's being held in a place you've always wanted to visit — then book your stay! Keep reading ...
More from YourTango: Sexting? 7 Things You Must Know Before You Hit 'Send'