Here are seven tips to make your first romantic getaway a great experience.
Your first vacation as a couple is such an exciting milestone. This is an important point in your relationship because you will get a better idea of your long-term compatibility. Single? Why You're Crazy Not To Try Online Dating
While it's easy to feel excited about going away together, you want to guard against unrealistic expectations which can ruin a good time. Keep in mind that your first vacation is not your honeymoon, so it might not be the most romantic event of your entire life. But that doesn't mean it won't be fun. Warning: THIS Scary Behavior Turns Men Off Immediately
Ultimately, you want to make sure you get along. As a dating coach for women, I want to share seven suggestions on how to enjoy yourselves and minimize common stress points:
1. Consider a long weekend instead a full week vacation for your first trip. When you start small, you can tolerate differences so much easier.This is opportunity to see what your rhythm will be like as a couple when you are together 24/7. The smart move is to try three or four days before getting in too deep and discovering you aren't trip compatible.
2. Discuss destinations and pick one together. You may want to go some place where the outlet shopping is fantastic. He may want to go camping in the mountains. Choose a location that offers something for each of you. Compromise is the key to a lasting relationship so this will give you a chance to get your feet wet and build an essential skill.
3. Plan activities, but leave time open too. You may be the type that likes to cram your days full, but what about your partner? He might like to be more spontaneous and see what mood he's in before deciding what to do. Planning out some activities in advance is a good thing to do, just leave some time open to take advantage of fun that pops up in the moment.
More couples advice from YourTango:
- 9 Things Super Happy Couples Talk About
- 22 Ways Couples Can Survive Infidelity (From Marriage Experts)
- What Happy Couples Have In Common [VIDEO]