If you are single, Halloween is a very fun holiday for meeting new people. When people put on costumes, they let their guards down. Disguised as a pirate, ghost or French maid, you will be friendlier than usual because you'll give yourself permission to be bolder ... which can really help singles mingle.
Why is this? Because your identity is hidden, building confidence and providing a certain level of freedom! Here are four reasons to dress up this Halloween:
1. Costumes are amazing conversation starters. It feels safer to be more daring or even outrageous with a costume. Safer to take social risks and talk to people you don't know. Plus, being in costume makes it easy for men to approach you and think up with an opening line. Your costume is actually an amazing conversation starter!
2. Costumes help you get out of your comfort zone. Anything that helps you stretch beyond your comfort zone is a good thing when you are single. The truth is, if you don't get out of your comfort zone, you won't meet many men. It's really that simple. I tell my private dating coaching clients this all the time to help them expand what is possible and stretch a little.
That's why I am encouraging you to take advantage of Halloween — to leverage this fun way to get out there, be friendly and meet new people! Never mind that Halloween is just plain fun.
3. Costumes don't have to be expensive. Don't be scared off about needing the perfect costume. The simplest thing can work so don't pressure yourself. I recommend a trip to one of the temporary Halloween stores - they have so much to choose from. Check party supply stores and even Marshalls has costumes!
More singles advice from YourTango:
- Help! I'm Almost 40 And Still Single
- The 3 Big Reasons You're Still Single
- The #1 Piece Of Advice All Single Ladies Need To Hear