- Say yes to opportunities. Saying no is easy, but when you say yes you have the chance to cross paths with more men. The more opportunities you have to meet people, the better your chances of finding the right one for you. This again goes back to Step #1.
Yes, there will be times when you don't feel like going out or you will be outside your comfort zone. You won't likely meet the love of your life in your comfort zone or you would have already found him! That means you'll need to try new things, go new places, expand your world, say yes to blind dates or parties. Learn to say yes more than no and you'll open up to a richer life experience and a greater potential for love as well.
- Don't take each rejection personally. You know you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find the right man. Given that, it stands to reason you'll also experience rejection. You cannot date and avoid rejection—that's just not realistic. So expect you will be rejected and learn to get over it quickly.
Here are some tips I share with my dating coaching clients to help you get through that unsettling feeling:
- Positive self talk. Tell yourself there are plenty more men out there to meet; he's just one guy; he's certainly not the right guy because the right guy would know how wonderful you are.
- Self-care. Pamper and treat yourself well. Self-care is about self-love, which must come first. Take a bubble bath, get a massage, change your hairstyle, get your nails done, etc.
- Find things to laugh about. Get together with girlfriends, watch funny movies, see a comedy show, try laughter yoga.
- Believe looking for love is worth it. If you don't think you'll find love, of course you won't want to spend time looking! But, here's another big truth about dating: No one looks back at dating after finding love to say, "What a waste of time that was." When you find love, everything you went through will have been worthwhile!
This is a common affliction for single women. They are tired from work and family obligations and then to add dating puts them over the top. But if these same women really believed their efforts would be rewarded, would they take the time? Most would.
Well as your dating coach, I'm here to tell you that you can find love. And it certainly is worth it. If you have trouble with that idea, I have an audio program of affirmations to strengthen your belief called: I Believe in Love.
So there you have it—seven steps to make finding love easier. When you are willing to meet lots of people, stop rushing and relax, stop judging men and get to know them, say yes more often, expect rejection and get over it and believe you can find love, you have increased your chances exponentially. I know you can do it. I believe in love and I believe in you.
Are you a woman dating after 40 and struggling to find love? As a dating coach for women 40+, I provide proven dating advice that has helped thousands. Get more tips in my FREE book 5 Big Turnoffs That Drive Men Away. Let me help you find love with the right man and avoid the many potential pitfalls along the way.