Need a little help in the dating department? Follow these five rules to ensure your success.
Over the past few weeks, you have communicated via email and telephone with someone you're interested in. It's obvious that there's "phone chemistry" and a mutual interest in meeting each other. You agree to meet in person. And now, for the moment of truth! Here are five rules of dating you simply must follow:
1. Visualize success. Think about your wonderful attributes and not your faults. Take an inventory of your values, skills, talents, interests and "heart." Leave all your negative thoughts at home.
2. Keep your expectations in check. Don't start imagining yourself at the altar with your date. I recommend you ask yourself these three questions first: Do I like the person? Does the conversation flow easily with one another? Is there any kind of attraction? And that's it. If you answer yes to these questions, then I recommend you be open to seeing the person again.
3. Dress appropriately. Be presentable, neat, well-groomed and in casual dress clothes. If you're a man, don't come to a date in a t-shirt and jeans. For women, do not come dressed "to kill" by looking overly sexy like you are going to a nightclub. Strive to look like the guy or girl next door and someone who they would feel comfortable bringing home to their parents.
4. Use your values as your guideposts. Know what's most important to you in your life and look to see if your date has similar feelings. Pay close attention to anything that makes you uncomfortable — your gut is usually right! Niche Dating: Finding Needles In Haystacks
5. Be courteous and kind to your date (even if you are not interested). This is truly the golden rule of dating. You never really know where you will see him or her again and who his or her friends are. Always treat people the way you wish to be treated
By keeping these rules of dating in mind, you will have more pleasant dating experiences. This process can truly lead you to meaningful and successful relationships. Study Reveals The 5 BIGGIES Men Look For When Online Dating
More dating advice from YourTango:
This article was originally published at . Reprinted with permission from the author.