Winter is here and you may have fantasies around being in a warm, tropic island, sipping pina coladas and relaxing that may be calling out to you. Or, how about an active ski vacation where you are skiing at a top ski resort with great apre ski activities? Or maybe you yearn for a more exotic vacation where you cruise along the Pacific Ocean to Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam? As a single person, I recommend you consider traveling with a singles’ group so you can meet great people while having the vacation of your dreams.
However, these are some things to think about and to consider when traveling with a singles’ group.
More from YourTango: How to Connect with that Special Woman During the First Months
1. Do be friendly with everyone. You don’t know who is friendly with whom and people do talk on the trip. If you aren’t friendly, people will assume you don’t like them. It will get around that you are snob. Then people may not take the time to get to know you.
2. Do be inclusive and not exclusive. Do include others in your activities, meals and excursions. People will think more highly of you for being inclusive instead of excluding people.
3. Do go off with someone you have interest in to see a particular site, to do an activity or grab lunch together. This is so you can get to know them without peering from your peers!
4. Don’t hook up too soon. You can show interest without giving away the cow ! The goal is for the guy to follow up after the trip for dating. It’s very tempting to jump into a relationship when you like someone. I remember a friend who got dumped in the middle of a trip and it was very awkward for her during the rest of the trip.
5. Don’t leave your best friend out on her own unless you have an understanding. Your friends are there for you and if this doesn’t work out, you don’t want to lose a friend too!
What really matters is what happens when you get home from your trip. Does the guy follow up and want to make plans to see you again? Hopefully he (she) is not going back to a girlfriend (or boyfriend) back home. So build a good foundation for friendship, trust and respect on your trip and it will set the course for a possible beautiful courtship in the months ahead.
More from YourTango: How Resilient Are You In Your Quest to Find Your Mate?
So what are your plans for vacation time this winter? Do you plan on traveling with a singles’ group or as a solo? Do you have a strategy for how you want to be on your trip? This curious coach would like to see your responses.
And if you are going away this winter, have a great trip!