Not all men are marriage-minded. Is yours?
Here are seven signs your boyfriend will not be popping the question anytime soon:
1. No introductions. He has not introduced you to his family members and you have been dating for over a year.
2. No planning. He does not include you in his future plans (such as work, where he is moving, his travel).
3. Silence. He doesn't talk about marriage or having a family at all.
4. Avoidance. He keeps putting off any talk about having a more serious commitment. You can't seem to have the talk, "Where is this going?"
5. Priorities. He makes everything else as a priority in his life over you — his kids, his work, his ex!
6. No parties. He didn't invite you to his office Christmas party and other people brought spouses
7. Secret weekends. He planned a weekend away with his buddies and didn't tell you about it until the last minute.
These are just some signs that your boyfriend is not planning on taking your relationship to the next level of commitment. He likes the status quo. I have seen couples in this kind of relationship for years!
What other signs that your partner is not going to take the relationship to the next level have you seen with your own relationships or with those of your friends and family? Sound off in the comments.
More marriage advice from YourTango:
- Do NOT Get Married Unless You've Learned These 4 Critical Skills
- WAY Too Many Married Couples Kiss Less Than Once A Week
- Why Do Men Get Married? [VIDEO]
This article was originally published at Motivated to Marry. Reprinted with permission from the author.