1. Be honest. Explore your innermost reasons for wanting to engage in casual sex as well as what that means to you. You may prefer just a quick roll in the hay with no real conversation, or you may want a partner that spends time communicating with you about other mutual interests. Cuddling afterwards is optional.
2. Be straightforward. Show respect to your partner. You need to be confident enough to tell your partner exactly what you do and do not want in the relationship. Let it be known that either of you can terminate the relationship without explanation or hard feelings.
3. Be realistic. This relationship is temporary and it will end. Know that you have opted for this arrangement for pleasure. If feelings get in the way, you may need to look at yourself. This relationship will not likely grow into a long-term relationship.
4. Be safe. Even if you are just looking for casual sex, be aware that there are some real whack jobs out there. Do your homework if you met him online. Let a trusted friend know where you are and with whom. If the guy treats you badly or if you have any reservations at all, end the relationship immediately.
6. Don't get emotionally attached. Consistently remind yourself that this relationship is all about sex. It is not about love and it will never be. The happiness you feel is purely about physical pleasure, not about a personal connection. Keep reading ...