7. Dress nicely and to wear sexy nighties. Who cares if there is no one there to notice — it will make you feel like a wonderful, gorgeous and sexy woman! A confident woman is sexy in her own right. Be confident that you are beautiful and desireable.
8. Do something for yourself at least once a month. Ideas include taking yourself to a movie, out to dinner or pampering yourself with a new hairdo, a mani-pedi or a massage. Other ideas include curling up with a good book or soaking in a long hot bubble bath.
9. Go on one date a month. Think of your dates as a way to meet new friends and to experience life. A date does not necessarily have to be with a man as you may be not be ready to begin dating after divorce. Dates also include a girls night out, a special outing with your child or a play date with your child's friend and parent.
10. Stop complaining about your ex. Complaining keeps all the hurts and anger alive and well . It does nothing to help you heal and to move on with your life. Complaining about your ex to everyone you meet establishes you as a victim. Stop playing the victim!
11. Pick your battles with your ex. You may have an inner desire to be right or to prove your ex wrong. Ask yourself if you are fighting due to your own insecurities and fears. If the answer is yes, it is best to throw them out as battles you fight to feed your ego are rarely won.
12. Let go and forgive. This seems like one of the hardest things to do. Unforgiveness keeps you locked in your own personal prison of hell. It does nothing to the person that wronged you. Forgiving others (as well as yourself) is one of the most loving and kind things you can do for yourself.
For more information on healing during and after divorce visit www.SupportForDivorcedWomen.com.
Tweet me at @CindyHolbrook
Join me on our Facebook page - Facebook.com/SupportForDivorcedWomen