5 Tips for a better sex life
Ever wonder why it seems so easy for a man to get turned on and have an orgasm when women have to work so hard? Female brains are wired differently from male brains and female orgasms occur differently from male orgasm. The female brain is more directly involved in climax.
“Female sexual turn-on begins, ironically, with a brain turn-off. The impulses can rush to the pleasure centers and trigger an orgasm only if the amygdale – the fear and anxiety center of the brain – has been deactivated. Before the amygdale has been turned off, any last-minute worry – about work, about the kids, about schedules, about getting dinner on the table – can interrupt the march toward orgasm.” The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine
What does this mean for the future of your sex life and your ability to reach orgasm? Does it mean that if the stars are not aligned, you will never have an orgasm again? Let’s face it, women lead stressful lives with careers, kids, relationships, and endless items on their to-do lists so the chances that some “last-minute worry” is going to pop in your head are pretty high. But let’s not throw in the towel just yet on sexual satisfaction, below are a list of 5 things you can do to calm your mind and get in the mood for love.
1) Meditate – What better way to unwind from a stressful day then a few minutes of quite meditation?
2) Exercise – Exercise quiets the mind, releases endorphins and gives your body a chance to work off negative emotions.
3) Massage or Spa Day – Ask your lover for a massage so you can unwind or head to the spa for some relaxation.
4) Girl Time – Woman are great at giving each other emotional support. If you are feeling overwhelmed or frazzled get together with your friends to blow off some steam.
5) Go on Vacation – Want to get away from the worries of your day to day and enjoy some intimacy with your partner? Plan a trip away to relax and reconnect.
You may not be able to control your brain and emotional reactions all of the time. It’s important to know your own body and when you need time to recharge. By using the above strategies you can manage your stress better and better stress management will allow your body and mind to work together to give you more orgasms – yippee!
More sex advice from YourTango
This article was originally published at Lesbian Love Guru
. Reprinted with permission from the author.