Isn't it so sad when you come to a point in your relationship that you feel that the flame and spark of love that used to be so strong and fiery has died down? As sad as this may seem, know it is just normal for couples to undergo this stage. 10 Ways To Make Your Fairy Tale Dream Come True
According to psychologists, there is a time in a couple's relationship that either one or both people come to a point when they ask themselves questions such as "what now?" or "What happens next?" or "How can I save my marriage before I end up having an affair?"
More from YourTango: 10 Signs Your Guy Is Definitely In Love With You
A Point Of Reflection
The most common cause of having a couple's relationship reach this kind of stage is too much familiarity with each other. Counselors say that reaching this point in a relationship may just be the right time for the couple to take a step back and think, really think, about where their relationship is going. How To Keep Your Sex Life Alive & Kicking
Rekindling The Flame And Making It Stronger
1. Give each other room to breathe. As mentioned above, too much familiarity is perhaps the most common cause of why the flame of love in relationships dies down. If that is the case, couples should try to lessen the familiarity between them. As one popular song says even lovers need a holiday — far away from each other. Time apart does make the heart grow fonder!
2. Staop taking each other for granted. Due to too much familiarity with each other, couples tend to take each other for granted, setting aside the compliments, appreciation, and other heart-warming words that they used to say to each other. Try to infuse compliments and sweet nothings again in your daily lives to rekindle that flame in your relationship.
3. Say "I love you." Don't let a day pass without looking your partner straight in the eye and saying those three meaningful words to them. 4 Steps To Finding Love [VIDEO]
4. Hug your partner. There ís nothing more relaxing and comforting than receiving or giving a warm bear-hug after a long day's work.
More from YourTango: 5 Sex Moves Women Love, But Are Afraid To Ask For
5. Surprise them with gifts. The gift doesn't have to be expensive; it can just be a bar of chocolate, a ticket to their favorite concert, their favorite snacks, etc. Whatever your gift may be, remember that it's the thought of you being able to remember your partner that counts.
6. Take a vacation. If you can afford to have a vacation to another country, go ahead. But if you are cash-strapped, you can still go on a vacation with your partner! Take the day off and spend the whole day with your partner. It will be a nice escape from all the work and stress that you encounter daily. Even a wallk along the beach or on the countryside holding hands will make you feel more connected with each other. How To Behave When Arguing With Your Partner