Do you think that would activate the power of receiving in your life? Remember, it's a muscle. One that we, as women, do not use enough. So come on my sassy sisters, I say this for you as much as I say it for myself. Let's start to practice receiving by giving to ourselves first. We hear it over and over again …
Put the airplane oxygen mask on yourself first. Pay yourself first. You gotta love yourself first. But do we do it?
Here are 7 simple ways you can give to yourself:
I invite you to choose one or create your own. But more importantly, I invite you to give to yourself once a week (or more) from now on…
- Put the kids to bed five minutes early and treat yourself to a hot cup of peppermint tea or hot chocolate and don't skimp on the whipped cream!
- Receive a manicure and say YES to the 5 extra minutes of massage.
- Take a long walk with nothing but your desires and your dreams to keep you company.
- Ask your hubby to do the dishes and gift yourself with a rose-petal bath.
- Receive a foot massage (I just got hip to the $25/hour foot massage spots in LA — it's really a whole body massage w/your clothes on and it is good!)
- Take some time to write about your desires and why you want what you want (action is super, and it's important to remember your "why").
- Join a sisterhood, create community, and spend time in a sacred place of support.
This last one is such a joy/love/abundance activator, that we've created a whole day around it called HerVision 2012. Having trouble receiving? Feeling burnt out, frustrated, and maybe even sad? You are not alone. Many women are experiencing this heaviness as we move into the new year. 12 Ways to Love Yourself First
HerVision was birthed so you have sacred space to tune into your TRUE vision for 2012 and RECEIVE the support and sisterhood you need. Check out this super grounding day full of soul-diving, wisdom-sharing, and vision-claiming. Click here for the for the sassy, beautiful, deserving woman within you.