5. The little things count. Small actions can take many forms, such as calling for no reason, offering to help clean a house, love letters, lipstick notes on the mirror, pulling out a chair or washing a car. It is all rooted back into the old maxim, "it's the thought that counts."
6. Disconnect. Nothing says indifference more than texting away on your phone when your significant other is talking. Keep the connection and look them in the eye when they are speaking. It speaks to your level of engagement with them, which is interpreted as their level of importance to you. Secrets to a Happy Marriage [VIDEO]
More from YourTango: The #1 Tell-Tale Sign For The Right Guy: His Smile
For men, there have been some specific suggestions offered from thousands of women stating that the following will make them happy:
- Listen to her. Don’'t solve her problems.
- Give up the remote.
- Recognize that she is woman, not just a wife or mother.
For women, these will make your man more satisfied:
More from YourTango: Why Straight Men Don't Want To Believe Jason Collins Is Gay
- If you want something, ask for it. He can't read your mind.
- Recognize that people show their love in different ways.
- Compliment his successes. Your pride in him and recognition is really important.
- Know that he is really trying to make you happy.
Charles J. Orlando is a YourTango Expert and relationship expert best known as the author of the acclaimed relationship book series The Problem with Women… is Men® and is the sole voice behind the smash-hit advice and relationship page The Problem with Women... is Men on Facebook . Charles is an active member of Mensa ("the High IQ Society"), is a contributing writer to a variety of online and print publications, and is regularly tapped by TV, radio and print reporters for his relationship and marriage expertise—including Self, Men's Health, Shape, and The Reporter.