A lot of divorced women carry around with them a lot of “baggage” or “clutter” in their minds.
When I say this I mean that they are still holding onto things that they say they should do but don’t, or things they should not do but do! They hold on to the argument they had and now they are not speaking to that person. The coulds and shoulds in your life that hold you back – you need to let go, but you don’t.
These people carry around with them a lot of emotional attention that they could be doing without and focussing on something more productive instead!
Are you like this?
If you are, I bet it had a negative influence on your confidence and self esteem.
Take a look at your life and get rid of this baggage by asking yourself a series of questions and by completing the following exercise.
In effect, what you are doing is making certain tasks “complete”, drawing a line under them and moving on.
Another term for this is “psychological completion” or just “completion”
The following set of questions can be taken at one sitting or over a number of hours/days.
By writing the answers down they become more formal.
Get to it and watch your confidence soar!
1. Putting up with!
• Make a list of 10 things that you are putting up with at home
• Make a list of 10 things that you are putting up with at work
• Make a list of 10 things that you are putting up with in any other area of your life
• Make an action plan to get rid of/communicate these things that you have been putting up with.
2. Unfinished matters!
• Make a list of things that are unresolved/unfinished in your life
• Make an action plan of how to reduce this number!
• Do you need to clear the air with anyone? If so, just do it! Life is too short!
• Did you ever say that you were going to call someone or keep in touch with someone yet have done nothing about it? If yes, call them or send an email to them today
• Let go of as many coulds, woulds, shoulds, maybes, oughts as you can. Write these down.
More Juicy Content From YourTango: