As with so many things, this situation can usually be prevented. Some women have more expectations than any man could live up to. That is its own problem. I'm talking here about fairly typical women involved with fairly typical men, not major pathology. Most of the time, if a wife or girlfriend brings something up, she does so because it really is important. Guys need to take it seriously, even if they don't understand, and try and do the things she says make her feel loved and appreciated. What she needs may be very different from what he thinks she wants or needs, but she's the one who knows what those things are. A little genuine effort can go a long way towards preventing the "walk away woman syndrome."
Listening to the woman you love can keep you from experiencing this all too common scenario.
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
FROM AROUND THE WEB