Find out why married couples live longer than their single counterparts.
To understand the health benefits of love in a relationship, it's important to understand the meaning and definition of love. Love has so many meanings and interpretations. Countless people in the world struggle with defining what love really means to them. 20 Ways To Amp Up The Love In Your Relationship
Here is Wikipedia's definition of love:
- Love is an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment.
- Love is also a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection as well as "the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another."
- Love may also be described as actions towards others based on compassion, or as actions towards others based on affection.
- Love may be understood as part of the survival instinct, a function to keep human beings together against menaces and to facilitate the continuation of the species.
The word love itself has a variety of meanings and interpretations, making it very difficult for many to describe. The health benefits of love, however, are easy to identify and much more obvious. In this article, I would like to focus on the positive health benefits of love in a healthy, loving situation. How A Kiss Can Save Your Relationship
Here are the three main health benefits of love:
1. Love produces positive emotions. Love is known to bring about many positive emotions. Laughter is one of those emotions. Laughter is known to be healing to the soul and good for your mental well-being. As they say, "laughter is the best medicine." 6 Ways Laughter Can Improve Your Sex Life
It's a very powerful antidote to fight stress, conflict and pain both mentally and physically. Love also has the power to heal and renew ones mental, emotional and physical well being. Research shows that loving acts neutralize the kind of negative emotions that adversely affect immune, endocrine and cardiovascular function.
2. Love helps you live longer and fights disease. There have been studies that show even patients who are diagnosed with cancer have recovered from cancer treatment faster when they had strong family connections. Also, those in loving partnerships recovered quicker or completely eliminated the cancer with no scientific explanation other than the fact the patient had great love and support from close family and friends.
The feeling of "butterflies in your stomach" is an actual physical reaction caused when our body responds to the strong attraction that is felt when one is "falling in love" or "in love" with someone else. Physically, your heart rate increases which causes increased blood flow to all parts of your body including your sexual organs. This actually has a positive effect on the mind and body. 6 Traits Men Find Absolutely Irresistible
More Juicy Content From Your Tango:
This article was originally published at Dating Love and Sex Tips . Reprinted with permission from the author.