The important first step in bringing more passion into your relationship is to set the foundation first, and by addressing the above issues, you'll be well on your way to preparing for increased intimacy. Any of the above items can sabotage your efforts if not attended to. It might be helpful to ask yourself these questions as well as you evaluate where you and your relationship are:
1. What's missing in my relationship? In what ways am I unfulfilled?
More from YourTango: Gay & Single on Valentine's Day--8 Holiday Survival Strategies
2. How am I contributing to my own unhappiness?
3. Have I discussed my concerns with my partner?
4. Do I like my partner? Have I taken the time and devoted energy to really knowing him?
5. Am I projecting onto my partner what I want him to be as opposed to who he really is? (Remember, you cannot change your partner! You can only be responsible for your own behavior)
6. What would my ideal relationship with my partner look like if I woke up tomorrow morning and it looked "perfect"?
In Part 2 of this article, intimacy-building strategies and passion-building activities will be offered to help bring more aliveness to your relationship. In the interim, begin removing the barriers to intimacy that you may have that may be undermining the resources your relationship has. Even if your relationship is vital and passionate now, any number of the passion blocks or issues that exist in your life can compromise the future of your partnership. And have faith, remembering that there can be no growth without conflict!
More from YourTango: Turning the Fizzle Back Into Sizzle In Your Relationship; Part 2
© Dr. Brian L. Rzepczynski, The Gay Love Coach