Bobbi Palmer of Date Like a Grownup™ helps women dating over 40 make the most of Memorial Day.
As all you Americans know, we're heading into one of our famous three-day weekends (non-Americans, play along please): Memorial Day. This is the official start of the summer season: a time to remember all those who served in our military, a time to break out the BBQ and the bathing suit (ugh), and a time to unpack the white shoes and pants. Spring is ending soon and summer begins.
I have a challenge for all you to help kick off a new season: a challenge with a GREAT PRIZE attached to it (seriously, a GREAT prize)!
In the spirit of the three-day weekend, I challenge you to list:
- 3 things you can do differently to bring Mr. Fabulous into your life
- 3 things you can do to celebrate the forward movement you're making in your life
- 3 things you like about the current guy you're dating
- 3 ways you can show him you care
- 3 ways he shows you he cares
- 3 things you love about yourself
- 3 things you love about your body
- 3 ways you can pamper yourself this weekend
I’ll start this off with MY list of 3 ways I’m going to show my Mr. Fabulous (better known as Larry) how much I care about him this weekend:
- Make sure when he comes home tonight the litter box is clean and all the junk I’ve had on our dining room table all week is put away.
- Snuggle on the couch with him while we watch his favorite movie, Animal House (He is a guy, after all.) WITHOUT my laptop nearby to distract me.
- Make him his favorite dinner, serve his favorite wine (anything from the Sonoma Valley), give him my undivided attention, and not make him do the dishes afterwards.
- Now that it’s written and out there in the world, I’m bound to it! And knowing Larry (He’s pretty easy to please, like most guys.). the rewards will come back to me three-fold.
So here’s YOUR challenge and the GREAT PRIZE:
Create one of your own lists from the above choices and post it on my Facebook page. On Wednesday my assistant and I will pick the most inspirational list, and the winner will get either (your choice) a 50-minute private coaching session with me or FREE entrance to my workshop on June 2! Please enter only once, make it great, and post your list on my Facebook Page by Tuesday midnight.
Happy three-day weekend to everyone!
Bobbi Palmer, founder of Date Like A Grownup, is an internationally recognized Expert helping women over 40 find grownup, lasting, passionate love with the right man. As a first time bride at 47, Bobbi shares in her free video series "The 4 Devastating Mistakes Women in their Search for Love" at DateLikeaGrownup.com.
This article was originally published at Date Like A Grownup. Reprinted with permission from the author.