6. Take a breath. Men often do this weird thing: they actually think before they talk. They mull. They form full sentences in their mind before they speak them. Weird, I know. Don't be afraid of silence. And if you really want to get to know a man, just hush. He'll talk if you let him. What Looking for Love and Birthing a Baby Have in Common
7. Compliment him. I bet you do this with just about every woman you meet. Men love to be complimented, yet women rarely do it. Be the gal who tells him he picked a great restaurant, looks hot in his black jacket or cracked a great joke. Tell him you 100% agree with something he says. Complimenting men on their mind and wit is usually far better received that doing so on their appearance.
More from YourTango: How to Ask or Answer: Where Is This Going?
8. Be real. Tell the truth. Don't be afraid to say something that may make you look…dare I say: human! Talking about yourself doesn't have to be bragging. Tell him you bashed into a pole last week while texting or that your job is great but it may be time to move on soon. (Don't forget the "because" here.)
9. Don't ask what they do. It's very American to ask what people do for a living. In other countries it's considered "très grossier." Men often see this as if we're conducting an upfront litmus test. If you want to impress a man, just don't ask. He will tell you on his own time (and probably pretty quickly).
10. Smile, make eye contact and have some fun. 'Nuff said.
More from YourTango: Flirting for Grownups: 4 Ways to Get His Attention Online or Out
To Read Great Sex Advice: