Happiness is the difference between making CHOICES and running on AUTO-PILOT.
You have a friend. You know the one: she's always in a tizzy about something, and it's usually the same thing—her ex, her finances, her health, her social life. Bor-ing!
But maybe you are this person on occasion. The tizzy is a hypnotic state. And for many of us, it runs our lives and ruins our chances of true happiness.
However, there is another way. And that is to choose—choose happiness.
Here is what has brought me true happiness (finally!). This is not a comprehensive list and is constantly being edited.
- Giving myself permission to feel all of my feelings all the way through.
- Giving up worry. "What is meant for you won't pass you by."
- Forgiving myself for...well, everything.
- Forgiving others for...well, everything.
- Identifying my core negative beliefs around relationships, and healing them so they became supportive beliefs.
- Choosing joy in all situations.
- Taking really good supplements that reduced my anxiety.
- Dancing as often as possible.
- Taking Saturdays off.
- Realizing that my choices are what have brought me all my joy and all my pain, and therefore taking time to make them.
- Waiting to respond to opportunities, knowing I am a magnet that brings what I require to me, always.
- Writing in my journal daily, especially noting what I am grateful for.
- Tantra. Tantra. Tantra. My head and heart are now connected to my sex chakra.
- Acupuncture. Ideally, twice per month.
- Network Spinal Analysis sessions. Weekly.
- ONLY hanging with people who ADD to my life. You don't add? You go bye-bye.
- Speaking kindly to myself. Complimenting myself often.
- Doing work I love and doing it well.
- Knowing what I'm good at and knowing what I suck at so I can delete, delegate or delay the tasks that fall into the 'suck at' category.
- Allowing people to give to me and fully receiving their gifts.
- Supporting others wherever possible. Asking, "How can I be a contribution in this situation?"
- Designing my business to support my lifestyle.
- ONLY working with clients who are committed to their own happiness and refuse to be victims of circumstance.
- Spending time with girlfriends.
- Listening to Abraham-Hicks recordings.
- Traveling to new places.
- Trying new foods.
- Calling my family members each week and thanking them for being my family.
- Working with a divine team that 'gets' the Your Purpose Vision of bringing "life purpose" to the world.
- Focusing on my goals daily.
- 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night
- Exercising 3 to 6 days a week.
- Eating a mostly raw diet.
- Drinking lots of water.
- Savoring my French press morning cuppa joe.
- YOU, for reading this!
- Giving away everything that I am not using or that doesn't add beauty, truth and light to my life.
- Writing thank you notes weekly.
- Buying and displaying beautiful, soul-satisfying art.
- Inner child play dates.
- Nature walks.
Okay, that's a start. What does your happiness list say?
More How To Be Happy advice on YourTango: