Did you ever think authenticity could be the most important factor of success? It is!
A great way to know that you are not being authentic is when you notice that you struggle with a lot of decisions, that you have a hard time to communicate with others, or that you take steps that don’t coincide with your personal motivations and play on other people’s terms.
Being true to yourself and authentic will not only lead you to greater success faster, it will change your outlook on life and make ou happier. Listed below are the benefits of practicing your authenticity on a daily basis.
- You make faster decisions — When you know your goals it’s much easier to decide if a step is coinciding with them or not. You don’t need to evaluate things over and over again to take action. You know if it’s right or wrong. When you decide to take actions against your own beliefs, it takes a lot more time to make the step. You will find yourself losing valuable time questioning the outcome, how would it reflect on your future and your current career path. When you feel that something is wrong, you can’t easily accept it.
- You value yourself more — Have you ever taken a decision that you knew would be bad for you or someone else? If you had, then I’m sure you still remember every detail that lead to that step. You can’t move forward if you are constantly rethinking old decision. If you took a step out of your beliefs, you would regret it for a long time. You might lose you confidence and it always shows. Being authentic in your actions helps you reach success and to be happy with it.
- You feel valued — People like working with people that stand behind the things that they believe in. Even if you stand up against a higher level management, they would appreciate your honesty and value you for the strong position. There is nothing wrong with being protective of the values you have — even the best companies know that. And you want to live and to work only with the best, right?
- You are a better leader — As a leader of your life you will reach your goals arealize your dreams. Your circle of friends and your family will support you too inspired by the person you are. If you are willing to compromise yourself — even against your own beliefs, then do you think they will be the person they would look up to? They will trust you more even in difficult situations. Standing up for what you value makes you better in the eyes of people who live and work with you on a daily basis — they appreciate your authenticity.
- You do everything with ease — When you are confident, trust your own instincts and know people around you value your opinion, you have far les problems with daily tasks, team management and reaching your vision.
One of the things that comes from inside and helps us become greater and better, is our authenticity. Everyone is always advising you to be yourself, because everyone else is already taken. But the real value of being yourself is the way you feel and the way other people perceive you.
This article was originally published at Equanimity Executive - Executive Coaching and Training. Reprinted with permission from the author.