Many celebrities do not know what to do when they lose their fame and popularity. Here are some suggestions on how to not let fame get the best of you.
1. People don't control their own fame. A person must understand that fame comes and goes and that a person has no control over his or her popularity. Fame is elusive and cannot be controlled.
More from YourTango: Single? How To Resist The Pressure To Get Married
3. Don't give in to peer pressure. When the cameras disappear, it will just be you, your family and closest friends. Don't allow being in the spotlight to affect your decision making.
4. You can't remain on top forever. A celebrity may be the talk of the town today, but tomorrow is a whole other story. There are millions of people who are also trying to be in the spotlight. You will not remain on top for long; it only makes sense to focus on what is best for you in the long-run.
5. Don't put fame before your life and relationships. Many celebrities focus on their fame which is a short term thing. This is a huge mistake! Celebrities should focus on what they want to get out of life instead of focusing on their current popularity. It's important to make the decisions that are best for your personal life including your current relationships.
6. Good Things Do Not Last. Regardless if your rich and powerful good things do not last forever. Don't get caught up in your popularity and success. It won't last.
More from YourTango: How Successful People Can Deal With The Pressure From Their Fans
Learn from the mistakes of others who have lost their fame. There are a countless number of people who made the mistake of letting fame get the best of them. If you are not sure of what to do in when you lose your fame and popularity, then talk to a professional who can give you some advice.
Stan Popovich is the author of “A Layman’s Guide to Managing Fear Using Psychology, Christianity and Non Resistant Methods”.For additional information go to: www.managingfear.com