[Contributed by: Most Brave Girl]
7. Be Too Self-Deprecating or Too Complimentary
"Man you are soooo hot! Why are you going out with a disgusting troll like me? Oh man, I shouldn’t have said that, you probably think I'm weird now, don't you? I'm not good at this, but you're just soooo pretty."
6. Talk About Yourself Too Much or Brag a Lot
You think it's impressive that more than one of your cousins has told you you're a 9? Sorry, but you're right in front of me. I can see you. Let me be the judge. Don't spend the whole date talking about how awesome you are. Let your personality speak for itself.
5. Talk Too Much About Anything, or Talk About the Wrong Things
For at least the first few dates, the following topics are off limits: money, religion, politics, family problems, substance abuse, weird health issues, and people or things that you hate. Talk about something that lights you up instead of casting a serious shadow over a friendly conversation. Keep reading...
More first date advice from YourTango:
- 20 First Date Ideas That Won't Be Awkward
- 16 Essential First-Date Tips [VIDEO]
- 25 Date Night Ideas That Aren't Cheesy