When the romance in the relationship is gone but both partners still care for each other's happiness and well-being, it is important to make the best decisions regarding divorce, especially when kids are involved. Marriage Couples and Relationship Counseling's collaborative divorce coaching can help reduce conflict and manage emotional reactions for couples facing divorce.
Our collaborative divorce coaching is based on the key assumption that there is no such thing as a broken family. There are only families in transition that are facing challenges to adapt to new life circumstances.
More from YourTango: He Said, She Said: Why Do We Find Vulnerability Attractive?
Our short-term collaborative divorce coaching technique will:
1. Identify, clarify and prioritize the concerns of every family member
2. Facilitate meaningful communication during negotiations over property, spousal support, child support and the children's long-term educational needs.
3. Help establish a good parenting plan solidly grounded in the emotional needs of the children.
4. Educate attorneys regarding the emotional needs of the family members
5. Help separating spouses make the painful transition to single parent families.
More from YourTango: 8 Mistakes In Thinking That Lovers Make
Andre Moore, Director of Marriage Couples Counseling in New York City
More divorce advice from YourTango: