A Solution Focused Therapist will:
More from YourTango: He Said, She Said: Why Do We Find Vulnerability Attractive?
- Look for openings to help couples discover solution building rather than problem solving language.
- Encourage couples to develop new, larger boundaries so they can experience easier, more flexible give and take in their day to day relations.
- Help couples create new meanings and new ways of understanding old problems.
- Encourage lovers to own their own agendas without hiding from each other or going underground.
- Help couples enjoy their own unique values, opinions and attitudes in a lively, spirited, on-going debate that makes for a more exciting and passionate intimate relationship.
- always help couples celebrate rather than hide their differences.
- Focus on solutions instead of dwelling on old problematic ways of understanding and suffering through old conflicts.
- Look for quick, actionable solutions over the course of 3 to 4 sessions.