Get quick, easy, surprising, Valentine's gift ideas here - on the cheap!!!
Cupid’s celebratory love effervescence is sparkling through the air! Commercials abound about cards, brilliant jewelry, and sumptuous flower arrangements ... but you’re on a budget! How can you show that special someone that you care without spending your whole paycheck?
For Valentine's Day everybody likes to know how special they are. So, if you can talk about that and show your sweetie some of the great things about him or herself it makes them feel really loved and appreciated. And an added bonus is you are teaching by example. They might learn from you how to really show their love and you’ll find yourself on the receiving end of that one day soon.
Here are three creative love-sharing ideas to brighten up someone’s day:
1) A Golden Key to Your Heart ~ Symbolic ArtCreate a piece of art for your honey!
- Trace a key shape onto a blank piece of cardboard. You can use part of any box.
- Make it larger than a usual key. You can shape it like an old fashioned ornate key (even more romantic).
- Next cut out the shape so you have a cardboard key.
- Use gold marker and color in the whole key. A shiny one from an arts and crafts store works great
- Now, write all the things you love about your Valentine on it! You can put things like: sexy, handsome, beautiful, hilarious, thoughtful, kind, innovative, fun, cheerful, great dad or mom, crafty, sensual, trustworthy, or saucy.
- Make sure you leave some space to write Happy Valentine’s Day! And sign it with your love.
This is a fun gift to leave on your sweetie’s pillow so he finds it before he goes to sleep.
2) Love Collage Card
Home made gifts are wonderful because you can really put a lot of emotion and caring into them. Make your beloved a homemade card that is like a little collage. Talk about all the special things about the relationship and how much you love the person.
- Choose a piece of construction paper and fold it in half.
- Decide on the size of the card you would like to make.
- Next, cut out words and little pictures from magazines that evoke the emotion you feel for your main squeeze.
- Once you have a nice selection arrange them on the front and back of the card.
- Now, it’s time to affix them to the paper. You can do that with glue or tape or with modge podge (crafty person’s secret weapon!). Use a small sponge brush and spread the modge podge on the paper under where you want to put a picture or word. Stick it on there then gently spread the modge podge over it as well smoothing it out as necessary.
- Keep repeating this until you have attached all of the cut-outs you wanted to use. Next use the modge podge and cover any areas that are open if you want the whole card to have a sheen.
- Now decorate the inside with markers and use them to write a heartfelt Valentine’s message.
3) Steamy Sexy CDCertain songs stir emotion and remind us of good times we have had together. If your guy or girl is into music make him a special CD with songs that express your feelings for him and then make a collage like CD cover for it.
- Create your custom playlist and burn the cd.
- Now on the cover assemble words and pictures you cut out that express your loving feelings about your relationship. Follow the instructions above in step two about how to collage to make the paper insert from the CD cover into a collage. After it dries slide it back in.
- Now cut out a coupon sized piece of paper and using colorful markers write down what you’d like to do to each other for each song on the CD. Certain slow songs might perfect for a quick massage exchange. Other high energy songs might be great for more explicit, vigorous activities. Your wedding song would make a great naked slow dance song.
- Stick the erotic coupon inside the CD case so when he opens it he’ll find the extra special surprise.
Then put on some tunes and have some fun!
Amy Leigh Mercree is an entrepreneur, adventure guide, & internationally acclaimed author. Mercree is the author of “The Spiritual Girl’s Guide to Dating: Your Enlightened Path to Love, Sex & Soul Mates,” a keynote speaker, and workshop presenter. She is on the faculty at Omega Institute in NY where she teaches workshops on Spiritual Romance. Find her offerings at SpiritualGirlsGuide.com and LoveSeaVacations.com.