Whether you are over 40, divorced or separated, as a woman, you have every right to date whomever you feel comfortable with. And as a young cougar bait, you also have the right to choose the woman you want to spend your time with. Ask yourselves the following questions. When you are ready to start dating again, see if dating someone your own age is more suitable, or if you'd like to venture into the cougar world. Whatever you choose, be safe, be smart, and have fun.
1) Have you been divorced, separated, or are still or newly single, and only want sex?
2) Are you divorced and tired of "real" commitments?
3) Are you at a point in your life where you are financially stable, career-oriented, and only have time for quick rendezvous?
4) Do you want more children? Do you have children?
5) Do you care if you are dating someone who may still live at home with their parents?
6) Are you bored with life, yet afraid to skydive, and are looking for excitement?
7) Do you want a trophy by your side in public or this a behind the scenes affair? Would you introduce the bait to your family, friends or your children?
More from YourTango: What is Love?
Potential Cougar bait:
1) Are you tired of needy, clingy chicks your own age who only want to get married?
2) Are you looking for a formal commitment?
3) Do you want children?
4) What will your parents say? Are you ready for the critics?
5) Will you be able to keep up with a cougar? Do you like aggressive and confident women who know exactly what they want?
6) As your friends start to marry and buy homes, are you able to watch, as you dance to the beat of your own drum, following a different life plan than most?
7) Can you afford to date a cougar? Do you know how to keep a cougar happy?
More from YourTango: Does Size Really Matter?
While there are no right or wrong answers to the questions above, the questions are meant to give you pause and think about your intentions and expectations. Based on how these questions resonate with you and how you answer, you should get a sense of whether exploring a cougar relationship is the right move for you. As with any relationship, success depends on the timing, your mindset, and the other person involved, so anything can work as long as both partners are open, honest, and respect each other.
Have you been (or do you know someone who's been) in a cougar-type relationship? How did it turn out? Do you think cougar relationships can last? Why or why not?