More from YourTango: Why Guys Don’t Call You Back After The First Date
I’m 24 years old and I’ve never managed to have a serious relationship. I know I’m a very attractive girl and I actually meet and date guys quite often, usually every weekend. Unfortunately, it never goes beyond that. I don’t know if it’s me or what’s going on but the dates go well until things either start moving really slow or I won’t hear from them in 1 week or s, or nothing at all. All of my friends have somebody and I’m really looking for the same thing. Can you help me? Also, it never gets further than kissing with me. I realize that if they don’t stick around because I won’t have sex with them, then at least I know. It just seems that’s all they are looking for. It seems that attractive girls only get guys that want to sleep with them.
Why can’t I meet a guy who sees me as more?
Today, I’m going to give all the attractive girls out there some sympathy.
Do you think the attractive girl struggles with the same issues as the fat girl? Nope. The attractive girl is always in the center of attention. Everybody looks at her when she moves around the room. Men leap at the opportunity to get her attention etc. Yes, the attractive girls has more dates than she needs and probably has a waiting list a mile long. What could possibly be wrong here?
As you’ve pointed out by saying you’re attractive, it’s the same with other attractive girls, they know they’re attractive. Unfortunately, this comes with a consequence… you’re an object to men.
More from YourTango: 9 Tell-Tale Signs He's Not Into You
- You will never know why someone likes you because it may always be down to your looks.
- You can intimidate men without trying.
- You can come across as aloof even if you’re just shy.
- You’re instantly hated by many many women.
- You’re assumed to be dumb by many men.
- You may be insecure, but nobody ever believes you.
- You’re always getting a lot of free stuff from men – free dinners, holidays, no speeding tickets) which creates an odd power dynamic.
- You’re catered to so frequently that you may lack some kindness, empathy or social grace. When you’re constantly put on a pedestal, it’s hard to be in sync with “normal” people. This is the same thing that afflicts celebrities, by the way. Except they get to claim “diva” status. You’re just known as a bitch.
That last one is just my observation about beautiful people and doesn’t necessarily apply to you. But the point is, by being singled out for being attractive, you’re never, ever considered “normal”…
Unfortunately this directly results in you becoming a lifelong target – a trophy for men to bag. Don’t get me wrong, they do want to bag you, constantly… Anyone who says differently, only does it because they know they can never have you.