5. Don't be foul and don't talk dirty. Unfortunately bad words and foul language should never come out of a girl's mouth (well, maybe during sex … but that's a different story). Most men are turned off by women that use foul language and they are also turned off by bad people. If you constantly complain about your coworkers, people on the street, your friends he'll class you as a bad person and quickly lose interest.
6. Be mysterious. As much as men won't admit this, they find mysterious girls attractive. This happens because if you keep that aura of mystery about you he will constantly want to know more … if you tell him everything from the start he might lose interest but by keeping parts of your life a mystery he will come back asking for more.
More from YourTango: 9 Tell-Tale Signs He's Not Into You
Even if your life isn't all that interesting, he doesn't have to know it. By keeping that mystery about you, it will make him think that you're so much more interesting. However, make sure you stop being mysterious when you've got a boyfriend, otherwise he's going to think you're cheating on him.
7. Be mischievous. Sometimes things are going to well for a guy and it gets to his head. There's nothing like a mischievous girl to bring him back to the ground and show him that things aren't as he thought. So, make sure you tease him, nudge him by the shoulder, say a few jokes, etc. Guys like a girl that is cute, sweet and all of that but it can get boring so, show him that you’ve got a naughty side too.
8. Show appreciation and genuine interest. If you expect a guy to become interested in you, you need to be interested in him. Basically, when he talks, you should listen, ask related questions and show him appreciation for what he says and does. It's only natural that once he likes you, he'll try hard to impress you, so show him some acknowledgement for this and he will love you for it. Most girls take such things for granted and over time the guy looses interest. Don't be that girl, play it safe and show him that you appreciate him.
9. Don't make it too easy. There's this thing with men, the moment we know we can have something, we lose interest. That's why it's always a good idea to play hard to get. Now, I'm not talking about "hard to get" games from high school, but just make his life a little harder than it can actually be. Make him work for you if you want him to cherish you later. Speak with him in a pleasant manner but never let him take you for granted. Also, the older you get, the harder it is to make this happen, so it's important to try to keep a good balance between how bad you want him and how bad you want him to know about it.
In conclusion, these may seem like obvious things but many women overlook them. Now that you actually know how they work, you can keep a closer eye on what you are doing.
This is the sort of stuff I discuss on my blog and in the free eBook I give out. If you want to improve your love life, visit TheSingleWomanGuide.com, a place where the "conventional dating" mindset is thrown out the window in favor of more direct and fruitful methods of meeting, attracting and keeping men.
More from YourTango: 6 Surefire Steps To Healing Your Broken Heart
TheSingleWomanGuide.com is not just for single women. It's for all women looking to improve their love lives and the quality of their relationships.