If you're trying to find the perfect man, keep these eight characteristics on your radar.
When searching for that special someone in the dating world, it's always good to have an image of what he should be like. I didn't start out by coaching women in their love lives; I started out coaching men. It's funny when I think about it, because what women want from a man is what I was trying to teach them all along.
In any case, there are quite a few qualities that make a man great. In reality, looking for a guy who has these qualities is not as hard as people say. But if you want to have a higher chance of finding love, identify the ones that matter to you most and stick with them. In my personal opinion, all men should have these qualities and I don't associate with nor respect ones that don't.
1. He's a gentleman. A great guy needs to be polite, respectful, considerate, and attentive to a woman's needs. This includes classic gentleman behavior such as pulling out a woman's chair, walking on the car side of the street and taking her coat. I personally believe that if all men were gentlemen, we would live in a better world. Today, this is far from the truth, so guys who do have this quality stand out. It's also worth noting that great guys never cross the line of being inappropriate.
2. He's direct. Many men believe that if they constantly have a "whatever" attitude, women will suddenly fall in love with them. This is completely bogus. Would you like to spend time with a guy who constantly dodges direct questions and shrugs instead of giving you an answer? A great guy should look straight into your eyes when he's talking to you, and to look and seem genuinely interested in what you have to say. He should have good diction, and engage in conversation with an active attitude. Any guy who isn't direct is weak. You shouldn't settle for weak.
3. He's faithful. Faithfulness may be one of the most important characteristics when it comes to great men. Although you can never know for sure if this is the case, if you know he's been a cheater, it's best to stay away from him. On a different note, a study says that around 60 percent of men have cheated at least once in their lives. It's true: The only thing you can do to make sure he won't do it in the future is to keep him sexually satisfied. Men don't cheat because they don't feel loved anymore; they cheat because they need sex. Some men have a need to sleep with other women, while others cheat because the sex is gone in the relationship. Keeping a healthy sexual relationship is the best thing you can do to keep your man faithful.
4. He has integrity. Having integrity is another very important characteristic that makes a great man. Integrity means he will stay true to his word and to himself. Integrity and ambition are also often enough to convince a woman that a man will eventually be financially sound, even if he isn't. Men with integrity are highly respected and in return, they give respect to others. They may require you to be worthy of their respect before they offer it to you: Since they have a high moral compass, they want others who share their values. Also, these men often show courage because they are required to stand up for their beliefs at all times. Keep reading...
More dating advice from YourTango:
- 5 Important Tips For Online Dating Success
- 25 Date Night Ideas That Aren't Cheesy
- Dating: Advice, Etiquette & Tips