13. You own your sexual energy. You know that you're a vibrational match for your real-deal Beloved when you move through your day with access to your own orgasmic energy, whether or not you have a partner. You are sourcing it from within. Yes, the Beloved will be irresistibly attracted to your beauty, fragrance and nectar but you are the magnificent blossom.
- Lisa Schrader
14. You're over your last relationship. Because I work with people primarily after painful breakups, I look for signs that anger and resentment are gone and that they have forgiven not only their ex-partner, but themselves. To be angry at yourself is a clear sign that you are not ready to move forward. If you cannot accept where you are and who you are right now, then it's time to make a change. You will know that you are ready to go out there and date again when you have given up your "story" and can think about your ex with neutrality, compassion, and understanding.
- Lori Rubenstein
15. You're willing to take a risk. I find that a person who is ready for true intimacy is aware of the risks and uncertainty that comes with falling in love. She knows that the relationship will grow and evolve to something wonderful—or it won't. Either way, this person understands she will be better for it since the love and support she has for herself will always be there.
- Bob Connolly
16. You have empathy. One quality I work hard to promote in patients looking to find and/or sustain a loving relationship is empathy. Once a person can see beyond her desires and needs to what it will take to make her partner happy, she is well on her way to going from "me" to "we."
- Sherry Amatenstein
17. You're self-confident. Self-confidence is the key to knowing that you're ready for love (it's also the most powerful aphrodisiac). When you take pride in yourself and you are clear about your own worth—that is when you'll be able to attract someone who honors you and himself in a healthy relationship.
- Shoshana Bennett
18. You feel whole. If you are looking for your partner to fill an emptiness within yourself, you will always remain unsatisfied. True love is all about accepting both your partner and yourself wholeheartedly. Dating is about finding your complementary match—not your other half.
- Sara Sharnoff
19. You're open-minded. You know you're ready when you can go off your dating script and discovering a romantic interest as though you were visiting an exotic country for the first time. Throw away your checklist, let yourself be in the moment and open up to the joys and challenges a relationship brings.
- Jean Fitzpatrick
20. Fear doesn't own you. One sign that tells me you are ready for love is when you show courage. When you are open to taking emotional risk, including accepting personal responsibility, love is in your future.
- Bobbi Palmer
21. You build memories, not walls. I know someone is ready for love when they incorporate their match into their life after a few dates, rather than compartmentalizing dating activities. Building memories, not walls, shows long-term potential.
- Laurie Davis
22. You are not a puppet. The one sign that tells me a person is ready for a healthy relationship is when he or she takes a stand for what she wants in a relationship—without being attached to the other person's response. When a client tells me she has spoken a phrase similar to "that doesn't work for me" to someone they are attracted to, I know they are ready for a new and wonderful relationship experience.
- Kat Knecht
23. You accept change and are ready to grow. You are "ready" for love when you accept yourself for who you are, right now, today, but are still committed to exploring the yet *undiscovered growth* of yourself individually and in a relationship.
- Megan Fleming
24. You know your turn-ons. When you know what turns you on, what brings you pleasure and you aren't afraid to go after it, it's a good sign you're ready to share love with someone else. The key to this is honoring that you are deserving of pleasure whether you are with someone or not and recognizing that all types of sensual pleasure—the foods you eat, the smells around you, a cool shower on a hot day—keep you vibrant and alive.
- Melissa Fritchle
25. You're comfortable in your own skin. Embracing yourself inside and out is a sign you’re reading to fully embrace another.
- Pamela Madsen
The common theme in all our Experts advice seems to be: find your own bliss and then share it with another! Take action and do whatever it takes to be happy in your own skin, recognizing this is a lifelong journey. In turn, your relationships will blossom. If you'd like advice on how to take those first steps, just reach out to any of these great experts to create the path to your best love life!