6. You're not waiting for someone else to "save" you. One is ready to manifest healthy, lasting love when they truly abandon the wish that another can "save" or "heal" them. Self acceptance and self love are markers that one is fully ready for intimacy. This state of being allows one to be open to both giving and receiving love in a pure, authentic way—unburdened by notions of healing wounds from the past.
- Hillary Goldsher
7. You honor your bigger "Self." When you understand who you are—as a human, in relation to God or your spirituality—and when you are able to consider the "other" without compromising or obsessing about "me," you are setting yourself up to live a healthy, beautiful relationship.
- Christopher L. Smith
More from YourTango: Never Pine Over Your Ex Again With These Essential Breakup Tips
8. You've tossed your list. I know my clients are ready for love when they don't come to a session with a ridged set of expectations and a laundry list of must-haves and deal breakers. They simply want to find someone wonderful to love and share their life with.
- Julianne Cantarella, MSW, LSW
9. You're OK being single. If you can say "I am OK without a relationship," then you're ready for one! You're OK being single—not in a resigned or defeated way. It's more about one have a deep knowing of who you are, your purpose and that while you desire love, you won't allow yourself to be miserable while you're single.
- Alanna Levenson
10. You've called off the search. The old adage is true: the person who is most ready for love is she who has stopped actively pursuing it. Instead, she has been concentrating on developing her own skills, passions, and happiness. A confident, grounded and interesting person is extremely appealing.
- Laurel A. Fay
11. A relationship is a want, not a need. I realize someone is ready for love when they want it but don't need it. That's the absolute best place to be: wanting a relationship, believing it would be great, but not needing it for your happiness. Per the point above, being truly happy without it is often the fastest way to bring it about.
- Amy Johnson
More from YourTango: Is It Crazy To Be Best Friends With Your Ex?
12. You smile a lot. Notice the next time you see your reflection. No matter what you might be wearing or if it is a good hair day or not, is the reflection you catch a glimpse of is one that makes you smile? When you catch yourself smiling more than making comment, excuse or judgment, then you know you accept yourself unconditionally—and are ready to do the same for another, too.
- Karen Kleinwort